The emerging thought of Agra brings a live picture of the Taj Mahal and few tombs in front of the eyes. But unlike its historical architecture, this place is also known for the delicacies. Agra being a favorite tourist destination also brings out the different type of cuisines for a palatable breakfast, lunch and dinner.
So, heading Agra? Book the tickets as soon as possible. Now you also have one of the fastest trains connecting Delhi and Agra. Just make a reservation. Carry your railway e-ticket and board the train.
‘Must Go’ Places:
Amidst the fascinating view of the place, the places of delicacies are also something that should be definitely tried. Check out the list.
1. Dasaprakash: This is a restaurant specializing in the South Indian Cuisine. This place is quite a popular one with the spectacular thalis and special ice creams. So this is a must try place and if you are visiting in the summer, this dish will help you beat the tremendous heat. The interior is quite and supports a friendly environment with a neat and clean dishware.
Address: Mehar Complex 1, Gwalior Road, Baluganj, Ajeet Nagar, Arjun Nagar, Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
Time: Monday to Sunday between 11 AM to 11 PM.
2. Esphahan: This is one of the Agra’s finest restaurants offering the traditional Indian type of food. Located inside the campus of the Oberoi Amarvilas Hotel, this place has an extensive menu options. All the dishes are extremely palatable and the special delight is the Kerala shrimp curry. Visit this place if you are in this city.
Address: The Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra, Tajganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
Time: All days of the week between 7 PM to 11 PM.
3. Shankar Ji: If local cuisine is what you are looking for, visit this place for having the perfect introduction with the food of this place. This is a very simple, dhaba type eating joint with a versatile menu of the North Indian foods. The simplicity and the hospitality of the place will just blow away your mind along with the taste of the dishes.
Address: Tanga Stand, Kinari Bazar, Kaserat Bazar, Tajganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
Time: Monday to Sunday between 8 AM to 10 PM. It remains closed on Fridays.
4. Pinch of Spice: This is an awesome place to try out the different varieties of Indian curry and the traditional kababs. This place has the most decent ambience and the food quality is exquisite. There are so many items in the veg and the non veg category of which the murg boti masala and panner lababdar tops the list.
Address: 1076/2, Fatehabad Road, Vibhav Nagar, Tajganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
Time: 12 AM to 12 PM.
5. Shankara Veggie’s: Your travel diary to the Taj is incomplete without a stop in this explicit restaurant. It is very simple and unique restaurant with a rooftop sitting arrangement. You get the chance of eating all the veg curries that India has along with the majestic view of the Taj. There are also some indoor sports that you can play there.
Address: 3/10, Chowk Kaghzi, Tajganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
Time: Between 8 Am to 10.30 PM.