Tirupati | Image Resource : andhrawishesh.com
Have you ever went on a trip to the famous “Temple Town” of South India? If your answer is “no”, then you are missing a wonderful opportunity. Get ready to pack your bags and head to the glorious city of Tirupati for a truly rewarding holiday experience. Peppered with numerous temples, Tirupati is one of the popular holy towns in South India that is frequently visited by many tourists.
Check out the Famous Temples in Tirupati for a Soul warming Experience!
The temple town of Tirupati is home to many shrines dedicated to various gods and goddess. Given below are some of the top temples that you need to visit.
Sri Venkateswara Temple | Image Resource : templepurohit.com
- Sri Venkateswara Temple: Sri Venkateswara Temple in Tirupati is the iconic landmark that lures in thousands of pilgrims. Spread across 2.2 acres, the temple is one of the ancient shrines in the city. Dedicated to Lord Sri Venkateswara, the temple is one of the best examples of Dravidian architecture. Various events and festivals are held here and many locals and international visitors take part in them.
- Sri Govindarajaswami Temple:Centrally placed, Sri Govindarajaswami Temple is another important shrine that you have to visit when in Tirupati. Built in 1130 AD, the temple houses the statues of Lord Govindaraja and Lord Parthasarathy. Various celebrations are hosted at the premises and many devotees come to participate in them.
Talakona Waterfalls | Image Resource : indiamike.com
Parks and Natural Attractions in Tirupati: A Guide for Novice Travelers!
If you are planning a trip to Tirupati, then it is a must that you know about the tourist attractions beforehand. This will help you save a lot of time and plan your trip accordingly. Given below are some of the top tourist attractions in Tirupati.
- Talakona Waterfalls: Nature buffs visiting Tirupati must check out the famous Talakona Waterfalls. It is one of the largest falls in Andhra that is frequently visited by many honeymooners and newlyweds. The sight of the silvery waters flowing down the rugged rocks is just amazing!
- TTD Gardens:Another important tourist place in Tirupati is the beautiful TTD gardens. Spread across 460 acres, it boasts of being one of the top visited places in town. One can find a wide array of flowers and plants at the garden. The garden also houses many ponds and tanks where you can spend a relaxing time away from the humdrum of city life.
Places to Visit in Tirupati | Image Resource : egway.co.in
- Deer Park:If you wish to spend sometime in the caressing arms of Mother Nature, just head to the famous Deer Park. It is one of the best places to visit in Tirupati that is visited by many people. Different types of animals both large and small can be seen in the park. Set amidst soothing environs, the park is the best weekend getaway for the people of the surrounding regions.
- Akasaganga Teertham:Located at a distance of about 3 kms from Tirupati, the Akasaganga Teertham is one of the beautiful waterfalls that you have to check out. The waterfalls is famous among pilgrims who throng to the Devi temple located very close to the falls. It is also a perfect hideout for nature buffs as they can spend some relaxing time in the laps of nature.
So check out these places in Tirupati and enjoy your holidays to the fullest!